SAP SOLUTION MANAGER 7.2 SP5
The time has finally come, On 18th May 2017 the support package 5 for SAP Solution Manager 7.2 will be released. We Contiba has researched on it for you.
DELETION OF SOLUTIONS AND BRANCHES
We all know, the Concept of Solution and Branches were introduced with the Solution Manager7.2 release and most of us have worked on it, creating some test solutions just to familiarize with the functionalities. But, one thing that saddened the users was the inability to delete the solution.
Now with the latest release SP5, finally users are able to delete created solutions and branches.
IMPROVEMENT IN THE TEST SUITE
The test suite is available from the Solution Manager 7.2 SP3 release. The enhancement on the features and functionalities of the test suite is being released with the SP5 as expected by the users. The definition of test groups and their assignment to test cases, an improved test team and Test data-Handling and also a commentary function in test reports are given as examples.
Now with the latest release SP5, you will experience a more user-friendly usability of the test suite.
NEW FEATURES IN THE BPMN EDITOR
The BPMN editor introduced with the SolMan 7.2 was widely accepted by many customers. With the upcoming release in SP5, SAP extends some functionalities in BPMN editor. Extensions of the modeling tool are also available, In addition to the realization of some customer wishes with regard to the graphical BPMN editor,
Now with the latest release SP5, you can make your business processes more effective.
Look forward for more improvements and new features in the SP6 that will be delivered in the fourth quarter. Some of them have been listed below for you:
- Import of Excel files into the Solution Documentation to create files, scenarios, processes and process steps
- Change history of files, scenarios and processes in the SOLDOC
- Drag & drop functionality for documents
- Caching in the Dashboard Builder allows the processing of huge amount of data
- New standard theme in the Fiori Launchpad
- CSOL like functionality, when more prople work on the same document in different branches
- Functional expansion of the SEA (Scope & Effort Analyzer)
The SAP Note for SP5 can be found here 2433454 – Solution Manager 7.2 SP Stack 05: recommended corrections.
For information on other Service Packs please check out our blogs!