SAP OData Service
OData (Open Data Protocol) is an ISO approved best practices that is defined for building and consuming RESTful APIs. Although OData was introduced way back, SAP started adapting OData Protocol very recently so that the SAP back-end data would be still available to any non-SAP web application through HTTP(s) protocol. OData helps to focus on business logic along with RESTful APIs without worrying about the approaches for definition of request and response headers, status codes, HTTP methods etc.
With latest versions of SAP NetWeaver Gateway, OData can be realized from OData Services. SAP NetWeaver Gateway sits on SAP Application Layer and these OData Services help to build interface service based on OData protocol with the option of all database functions like basic CRUD (Create, Read, Update and Delete) functions also with Filter and Search functions. The OData services can easily be consumed in SAPUI5 / Fiori Applications. And this was the main reason for SAP to start adapting OData protocol. But it can be seen that OData services for SAP system can be consumed by any external application that follows HTTP(s) or REST protocols. And many users across the industries working towards this approach.
- SAP has provided many standard OData Services for many standard SAPUI5 and SP Fiori Applications.
- It is possible to develop custom OData Services for custom applications.
- OData services can be built from many approaches like from database structures or from RFC functions (BAPIs) for data models and data providers. Meaning less coding effort
With intense research, we at Contiba have built a strong knowledge-base and helped our customers with successful implementation of OData services along with SAPUI5 and SAP Fiori Applications. May it be extending standard service or building a custom service from the scratch we have a right solution for you always.
As part of our service, we offer:
- To introduce your IT team to latest development towards interface methodology with OData service.
- To implement a well-designed OData Service infrastructure for Multi-End-User Experiences.
- To implement OData Services for SAPUI5 or SAP Fiori applications as well as non-SAP web applications.