The SAP Netweaver 7.4 is the latest release for SAP Solution Manager 7.2 and is ideally equipped for in-memory, cloud and social media trends. While most of the innovations in the SAP HANA area are still to be discovered. The release, also includes new and improved functionalities for Application Server ABAP, Connectivity, UI Technologies, SAP Business Warehouse and Security. Here are some of the important innovations which are important to us:
- The modern and popular development environment, Eclipse for ABAP enables cross-platform development as well as seamless integration into SAP’s powerful application server and lifecycle management (SAP Note: 1718399 ).
- The ABAP stack is optimized for SAP HANA.
- Best practices for SAP ABAP with SAP HANA.
- On-Premise solutions, can be easily deployed by virtual private clouds such as AWS or the SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud.
- Hybrid deployment scenarios (cloud and on-premise) are enabled.
- For mobile devices, technologies such as SAPUI5, SAP HANA Cloud and SAP NetWeaver Gateway are offered, all of which enable seamless integration with the already existing back-end system.
- Introduction of the SAP_UI, which optimizes the interoperability between different UI technologies, for example between Web Dynpro and SAPUI5.
- New and advanced tools (like gateway monitor, transaction code SMGW) for analysis, administration and monitoring in the SAP system.
- Progress in reducing downtime at system updates
This of course, is only a small list of the new features of SAP NetWeaver 7.4. The list keeps increasing, over time with newly discovered and helpful functionalities.