In this blog, you will get to know about Contiba’s experience, when testing Content Activation on the SAP Cloud Appliance Library.
Validation Of Content Activation of SAP CAL
With SAP CAL, SAP provides you 30 days, free of charge and out of the box a solution manager to prepare for your content activation.
We have summarized a few points, which should help you to decide whether to select SAP CAL or go against it. On the contrary, we would like to draw your attention to some avertible issues.
- The SAP Instance is available in approximately 90 mins with your minimum efforts.
- Pro S-users have a 30-day trial version, in which you only have to pay the costs of your cloud provider (AWS or Microsoft Azure). You can then purchase a SAP CAL license any time. Tip: If your trial version expires, you can create other free Trial instances with other S-users.
- The instance is not automatically deleted or deactivated after 30 days, hence you can reactivate the instance any time after purchasing an SAP CAL license.
- For a 30-day validity (Mo-Fr) of approx. 8h / day, the costs (for AWS) are less than a daily cost of a person.
- Since the instance is not always up-to-date and the RFC connection to SAP (SAPOSS) is not established, the manual import of Notes takes a long time. Tip: If you have access to an SAP Solution Manager 7.2, you can implement the Notes on this system and export them in a transport to the Solution Manager in the SAP CAL. This saves you a lot of time and manual effort!
- Normally, the transport directory is located on a hard drive from your cloud provider portal, which is 10GB small. If your projects and solutions that need to be exported are larger than 10GB, then you must upgrade the corresponding hard drive from your cloud provider portal.
- There is a lot of information on the license costs and their minimum contract term. Tip: Contact SAP Sales directly.
Our Recommendation For You
If you need Content Activation, it is always worthy to use the 30-day trial version of the SAP CAL for testing! The benefits from the results are by far the most expensive.Think about the number of working days and man power needed during the upgrade, if something goes wrong during Content Activation. Do you need Content Activation for the upgrade?, you will find here: CONTENT ACTIVATION – SAP SOLUTION MANAGER 7.2
Would you like to know more about the possibilities of testing Content Activation on SAP CAL? Call us now and arrange an appointment with us.
Contiba GmbH | Helmholtzstraße 2 – 9 | 10587 Berlin
Tel.: +49 (0)30 398 36 112 | Fax: +49 (0)30 398 36 111 | E-Mail: email@example.com