Drag and Drop functionality in Solution Documentation
To increase consistency and efficiency in your business and improve communication, a good and extensive documentation of your business processes and your IT-landscape is one of the groundwork. With SAP Solution Manager 7.2 you have a fully integrated tool at hand to achieve just this, by working in a clear UI, which is accessible through the Fiori-Launchpad. With Solution Manager 7.2 SP06 SAP introduced a Drop Area, to upload documents from your desktop via drag and drop into Solution Documentation to create new or update existing documents. We have tried out the new function and summarize the functionality of the drop area for you here.
Enabling and using the Drag and Drop Area
- Per default the drop area is hidden
- In menu Global Functions you can choose Show/Hide Drop Area. Your choice is saved and the drop area shown or hidden as you selected before accessing Solution Documentation again.
- The drop area is only available in the Browser view
- If Solution Documentation is in read-only mode, the drop area is hidden
- In the Drop Area, you can drop files of your computer
- After dropping, the dialog Upload Documents will appear, here you can specify information for the files, separate or with mass maintenance where the following categories are available:
- document name, wherein mass maintenance the file-name without the extension is used
- document type, the preconfigured document types from the scope of your solution are available
- element type
- action, you can choose, if the document should be created or updated (this functionality is only possible if a document with the same name and document type exists already)
- Clicking on OK the documents will be uploaded (a progress bar is displayed and a success message appears when creating/updating was successful)
With the drag and drop functionality, the process of uploading documents has been simplified, especially when doing mass uploads. But there are only limited possibilities for determining all information for the documents. All extra information has to be added after updating. All in all, with the drag and drop functionality, working with solution documentation got improved.
With Solution Manager 7.2 SP06 SAP introduced many new functionalities. We have summarized the most important for you here.
Would you like to learn more about the possibilities of solution documentation for your company? Do you have any questions about special requirements? Contact us without obligation and arrange an appointment with our experts.
Contiba GmbH | Helmholtzstraße 2 – 9 | 10587 Berlin
Tel.: +49 (0)30 398 36 112 | Fax: +49 (0)30 398 36 111 | E-Mail: email@example.com