To copy or transport client-specific customizing settings and data from one client to another, use the client copy function. Client-independent objects such as ABAP programs or table structures are not taken into account.
In order to avoid a data conflict in the target client, it must be ensured that all users, both in the source and the target client, are locked during the copy. In addition to this, it is important to take into account that the new client requires additional storage space in the database. In this respect, the note 118823 should be read.
For copying within a system one uses the so-called local client copy, and must carry out the following steps:
In transaction SCC4
- In the change mode,click the NEW ENTRIES button and add a new client (it is recommended to use the 000 as client).
- Next, you have to fill the fields in the detail view for new clients:
Figure 1: Clients in the detail view
- In the text box for Client, enter the client number (eg 100) and the name (eg Customizing client or Test client).
- For place enter the respective city name (eg Berlin / Hamburg).
- In the Std.Currency input box, enter the standard currency (eg EUR / USD).
- The appropriate entry (eg Customizing) is selected from the drop-down list of the field Role of the client .
- For Modifications and transports, for client-dependent objects, select the desired option. The selected setting only affects the client-specific Customizing settings.
- From the drop-down list of changes to cross-client objects, select the desired option.
- Under protection for the client copier and the comparison tool you have to choose protection level 0, otherwise the copy will be prevented. After completing the copy you can then increase it again.
Finally, click on the ‘Save’ button and it can proceed with the actual copy.
In transaction RZ10
In the next step, the SAP * login must be enabled via the profile parameters. This is done with transaction RZ10, where the profile parameter login / no_automatic_user_sapstar has to be set to the value 0. Finally, the system must be restarted.
Then you have to log into the target clients with User: SAP * and Password: pass .
In transaction SCCL
- Under Select profile,select copy profile (eg SAP_ALL), this profile determines the type and extent of the data that will be copied.
- Among the source clients, please select the respective client to be copied.
Figure 2: Local client copy
If you want to start a test run, we recommend that you select a copy profile other than SAP_ALL because it takes longer time.
In transaction SCC3
If you want to monitor the client copy, do so with transaction SCC3.
Figure 3: Transaction SCC3
Do you want to know more? Just give us a call without any obligation and fix an appointment with us.
Contiba GmbH | Helmholtzstraße 2 – 9 | 10587 Berlin
Tel.: +49 (0)30 398 36 112 | Fax: +49 (0)30 398 36 111 | E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org